No-bake Roselle Mascarpone Cheesecake

One of my favorite moment from my mother's garden is when all her plants started to bloom beautifully, then slowly begin to bear fruits. There will be so much idea in my head what I will make while waiting for the fruits begin to ripe enough. This month my mother harvest a lot of roselle from the garden. Like usual, she makes sweeten roselle from ripe roselle's fruits (sometime people called it roselle's petals). From her sweeten roselle, we can make roselle drinks, just add water and ice cubes or make delicious roselle jam. Roselle originally taste very sour, so it's very refresh in hot weather with cold, sweet and sour roselle drinks. I will share my mother's recipe of this sweeten roselle next, but now I'm craving with cheesecake. I have my mother's roselle jam in the fridge combine with mascarpone cheese, I finally got a chance to add in her list 'things you can make from sweeten roselle'. And the most important thing is she love this soft and creamy cheesecake. Love her smile!




NO-BAKE ROSELLE MASCARPONE CHEESECAKE
Serves 8-10 

Ingredients :
250 g mascarpone cheese
200 ml whipping cream
50 ml lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp condensed milk
2 tbsp homemade roselle jam

For the base
150 g chocolate biscuit
80 g melted butter

Instructions :
For the base : crush the chocolate biscuits with food processor, add melted butter, mix until looks sandy and wet. Press the crush mixture evenly into the bottom of cake pan and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
Beat mascarpone cheese with sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Slowly add in whipping cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, condensed milk and homemade roselle jam mix until combine well.
Pour the mixture into cake pan, spread evenly above the crush, smooth the top and chill again in fridge for at least 4 hours or until set
Serve with homemade roselle jam on top.

Comments

Popular Posts